UPVc Door Locks
There are many manufacturers and variations of lock for UPVc doors so we would recommend that you come into the shop so that we can correctly identify and supply the correct lock. We will make sure avoid wasting your time and effort and are happy to help.
However, if you are un-able to remove the lock system please give us a call us and we will send out one of our qualified team of lock engineers.
If you require further information, please take a look at our cylinder locks or feel free to contact us or visit our extensive showroom.
There are many different aspects to a UPVC door.
- The locking mechanism inside the door can have different styles of locking features I.e. Roller Cams / Mushroom Cams, Shoot Bolts, Hook Bolts and Dead Bolts. There are many different manufacturers & types of lock & a lot of the older ones have been discontinued. We carry a wide selection in store, however if we have not got one we can usually get one within a couple of days. If the lock is discontinued we have a lot of experience in finding you the nearest replacement.
- The cylinder which drives the locking mechanism. There are things to consider if you are looking to replace the cylinder due to loss of keys, enhancing your current security solution or failure.
WE NOW STOCK BRISANT SECURE ULTION LOCKS
The first thing to consider is the level of security you require.
The following security levels can include different barriers I.E. Anti-Bump, Anti-Pick, Anti-Snap/Snap Safe, Anti Drill, Crush Zones and Cylinder Movement Restrictors.
- British Standard 5/6 Pin Cylinder
- TS007 1* rated 6/7 Pin Cylinder
- TS007 3* rated 6/7 Pin Cylinder (currently the highest rated cylinder range)
The second thing to consider is whether you require key registration.
Key registration means that people cannot get keys duplicated without the correct authorisation and in most cases a security card would also be required, this is ideal if you have people visit your property I.E. Gardener or Cleaners, or it is a business premises.
The third thing to consider is whether you would like to have 1 key to fit all your locks in the future.
This means that gradually or all at once locks can be made to work from one key cutting down the amount of keys in your pocket and making it easier.
For business or large residential dwellings a Master Suite can incorporate this type of lock. If you require any further information or help with your UPVC door lock please visit our showroom or call us to speak with one of our experienced staff who will be happy to assist you.